Ten on Tuesday: Weekend edition
Carole asked for Ten Things I Love to do on the Weekend:
1. Sleep in. I get up at 5:37 on teaching days and 6:32 on non-teaching days. Sleeping without the alarm is a weekend luxury!
2. Read for pleasure. During the semester, most of my week-day reading relates to classes or research or other work-related projects. Nothing like a good novel on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
3. Enjoy a second cup of coffee. It is so nice to sip slowly and linger over a book or the paper.
4. Read the Sunday New York Times.
5. Knit in the morning. Seeing a theme here? I like laid back mornings!
6. Watch a movie. Week-day evenings I’m usually either too busy or too tired to sit through an entire movie. It’s a nice treat on a Saturday night, though.
7. Take a long bike ride. This past Sunday, Neal and I took advantage of the beautiful weather on a 30-mile ride. I’ll skip the crash, road rash, and general bruised body I suffered and focus on the pretty weather and fun challenge. (Really. It’s a miracle I have no broken bones.)
8. Nap. Half an hour in the afternoon does wonders for the rest of the day. Little kids who resist their naps have no idea. No. Idea.
9. Make hot breakfasts. My favorites are this pancake recipe (I add berries) or my secret French toast recipe.
10. Enjoy Neal’s cooking. He takes over the kitchen on Sunday afternoon, and that is fine by me!
What do you love to do on the weekend?