Ten on Tuesday: Hallowe’en Candy Edition
Carole wants a peek into my dream Hallowe’en trick or treat bag. Here goes:
1. Peppermint Patty. I’ll pop ‘em in the freezer to make them extra good.
2. Three Musketeers. Also good in the freezer.
3. Tootsie Pops. If I were the owl, my answer would be “two licks to get to the center”. I just love crunching down on a Tootsie Pop.
4. Tootsie Rolls. C’mon, what would a Tootsie Pop be without a Tootsie Roll center?
5. Caramel corn. I’m not sure if that’s what she calls it, but Dana makes the yummiest popcorn. She used to leave little baggies of it in my UNM mailbox to surprise me. I’d sure be happy if she’d come on over and drop me a bag in person!
6. Apple cider donuts. Okay, no one is REALLY going to put donuts into my trick or treat bag, but they’re perfect for a Hallowe’en party.
7. 100,000 dollar bar. Yeah, it has a new name, but it’s always 100,000 dollar bar to me.
8. Butterfinger. A taste of one will last me all year long.
9. Heath bar. Those were my favorite in high school.
10. Smarties. I’ll play Dan Bern’s tribute to them while I eat ‘em.
We had an old neighbor who would offer trick or treaters a pop or a roll of nickels. I loved getting that roll of nickels so, so much! Pretty generous of him, no?
What was your favorite treat as a kid?