Ten on Tuesday: October Weekend Edition
It’s a long weekend! Columbus Day, no matter what one thinks of it, gives me a fall break, and I’m grateful for that. Carole asked what I did with my weekend, so here are ten highlights:
1. Picked up the second to last CSA share of the season. I plan to roast the watermelon radishes for a root veggie pie (I picked up carrots and turnips, too). I can’t eat fried food, so the classic use for the green tomatoes is out. I’m considering a green tomato salsa. Other ideas?
3. Worked on my Rhinebeck sweater. I’m not optimistic about finishing it in time, but I’ll keep at it. I’m simply not a marathon or sprint knitter. I’m a tortoise knitter, not a hare.
5. Made a sample bookmark for the class.
6. Watched Grey’s Anatomy. I finished Season 8 and caught up on this season’s episodes. After a few years of the show being lame, I think it’s back. Anyway, it’s good entertainment while knitting and avoiding football!
7. Marveled at the speed of fall. It’s really here. Leaves are changing color and dropping. The lovely fall light makes everything glow.
8. Hugged Shannon. She’s helping me to build book furniture. Okay, not really. She’s stashing CP inventory for Stitches and Rhinebeck here, which means I got to hang out with her for a while. She’s having an epic October. Seriously, if you see her, buy her a drink.
10. Cheered Neal on as he framed the screen room. He’s been working 12 hour days all weekend to get it done. Soon we’ll have walls and a roof!