Ten on Tuesday: Best of ’13 Edition
Carole asked us to share 10 Favorite Moments of 2013. It’s hard to limit to ten!
3. Playing with Maddie in the brook during the spring.
4. Spending loads of time in Paris. I especially loved wandering Shakespeare and Company while listening to this young woman play the piano.
7. A lovely afternoon in Camon, where nearly every doorway is covered in roses, with artist Cassandra Einstein and her charming musical husband.
8. Time shopping in the Parisian markets with Sara. Well, let’s just say all moments with Sara were top moments!
9. Enjoying time on the beautiful screened porch that Neal built me. This included our fun-filled Open Porch Wednesdays (the porch was open to all from 6-9 with drinks and snacks at the ready…I can’t wait for summer to start it up again!), time napping, reading, chatting, watercolor paining, and writing. And…before the screens went in, I saw our clutch of phoebes learn to fly!
10. Bringing little Oskar into our family. Moments when we hiked together, watched the pups all playing, celebrated Tilly’s return to health as she ran with the new dog, remembered sweet Maddie when Oskar did something just the way she used to.
There are thousands of great memories from 2013, most of them revolving around Neal, my best pals, my family, my mutts, my creative outlets, and teaching. What are some of your favorite moments from 2013?