Carole wants to hear about my (long) weekend, and when she asks, I respond! So here are some glimpses at what I did.
1. Cooked this spaghetti squash noodle bowl recipe (with adjustments). So. So. Good.
2. Taught a class on adding crochet edgings to pillowcases. I love doing this, and it is so easy. Just sew on a base using back stitch or blanket stitch, then crochet what ever edging you like onto the base. It is a fast, adorable project!
3. Crocheted granny squares for a Christmas stocking class I’m teaching. I’ve fallen madly in love (again) with crochet lately.
5. Organized my supplies for Brene Brown’s OWN class “The Gifts of Imperfection” (let me know if you’re taking it; I’d love to connect over this class).
6. Visited with good friends over Thai food.
7. Watched baseball with Neal. He’s a lifelong Cardinals fan. Need I say more?
8. Finished reading Half the Sky. I’m not a big fan of non-fiction, but this book was worth the time I spent reading it. I’m inspired to find a way to do more to empower women in other parts of the world. I’ll keep you posted when I figure out what that “do more” is!
9.Rode the stationery bike for 40 minutes. I did very little outside riding this year. I’m not meeting my 100-mile goal in 2013. I’ve already started thinking about 2014, though, and I’ve been increasing the time on the trainer. 40 minutes feels like a lot more than my old usual, 30 minutes!
10. Adopted this guy
It’s only been a month since we lost our darling Maddie, but I saw this gorgeous Siberian Husky on the Boot ‘n Kit page and had to meet him. He has been with us since Sunday afternoon, and so far, he’s a charming addition to the pack. Once we all get to know each other a bit more, I’ll give him his own post. Oh, his name?
Oskar Blue. Or just plain Oskar.
What did you do this weekend?Read More